This simple plugin is a widget that displays a list of random posts on your widgetized sidebar.
It supports multiple instances with WordPress 2.8 and above.
- Widget title: the title of the widget
- List types: ul for bulleted list, p for paragraph, br for paragraph with line breaks
- Post count: Number of random posts you would like to be displayed
- Category: Only this category will be selected as the source
- Activatz-la via lo menú Extensions dins l’admin WordPress
- Use your ‘Presentation’/’Sidebar Widgets’ settings to drag and configure
Or use the automatic update feature
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Random Posts Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- 07-May-2007: Fixed a bug of displaying widget before and after tag
- 14-Jun-2007: Fixed a bug where pages are also selected. Now it only displays posts.
- 26-Jun-2007: Removed before and after configuration options, now taken from theme settings
- 03-Aug-2007: Overhauled entire engine to optimize queries. This has been tested on a test blog with 50,000 posts on an old machine (Pentium III 600MHz) in maximum 3 seconds. Also removed duplicated results and added category to choose.
- 04-Aug-2007: Fixed a bug where wrong permalink was displayed
- 10-Aug-2007: Fixed a bug where if 1 post count is selected an error occured
- 27-Sep-2007: Added ability to detect database version (WordPress 2.3 has database changed) while maintaining backward-compatibility with 2.2.x
- 30-May-2013: Use WP_Widget to allow multiple instances since WordPress 2.8, while maintaining backwards-compatibility