This plugin adds OEmbed-style embedding of Yahoo Screen videos.
Paste the URL of a video’s Yahoo Screen page on a blank line by itself, save, and an embed will appear in its place on the front end. No need for any HTML code: it just works.
(The technical bit: Yahoo Screen allows embeds by appending
?format=embed on the end of the video page URL, this plugin handles that for you, retrieving the embed code and showing it to your site visitors.)
- Upload to the « /wp-content/plugins/ » directory.
- Activate the plugin through the « Plugins » menu in WordPress.
- Place a Yahoo video url in post content and save
- Does this handle https?
Yes, it handles both http and https urls.
- I activated the plugin, but I can’t see a settings screen?
Don’t worry, there isn’t one. It just works.
- I pasted a link but no video embed appears?
You must paste the URL on its own line, and it must not be a link. The editor will sometimes auto-link the URL, and if this happens, you must unlink the URL using the editor toolbar.
Please note: Yahoo Screen’s help pages state that ‘it may not be possible to share all videos due to licensing agreements with content partners.’
- Can I use the embed shortcode?
Yes, [embed] shortcodes will also work.
- Does this work for country-specific sites like fr.screen.yahoo.com?
Yes it does.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Yahoo Screen Embed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Yahoo Screen Embed” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release.