So you’ve written some WordPress plugins and now you want to let your readers know about them?
The WP Download Counts plugin lets you do just that. It adds a sidebar widget which retrieves a list of your plugins and displays them along with the current download count (updated every 15 mins) and a link to each plugin’s listing in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Minimal configuration required – just a title and your WordPress username
- Plugins listed in order of the most-downloaded first.
- Plugin information cached for 15 minutes to minimize overhead
The plugin is simple to install and setup.
To install it, do the following:
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to « Plugins > Add New »
- Search for « WP Download Counts »
- Click « Install Now »
- Click « Activate Plugin »
That’s it, the wordpress plugin download counter should now be installed on your blog.
Now to setup the plugin:
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to « Appearance > Widgets »
- Drag the « WP Download Counts » widget to your sidebar
- Click on « WP Download Counts » to view the widget settings
- Add a title (such as « My WordPress Plugins »)
- Add your WordPress.org username
- Click « Save »
There’s nothing else to do. If you visit your site you should now see a listing of your published WordPress plugins.
- Wouldn’t « WordPress Plugin Download Counts » be a more accurate name?
It would, but WordPress no longer accept plugins with « WordPress » or « Plugin » in the title.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Download Counts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release