Know what happened – all important events are in the activity log!
WP Admin Audit allows you to monitor the security relevant activities on your site.
The event log allows you to find out who did what at which time.
- who unpublished that blog post?
- when the new media files were uploaded?
- how that weird user account was created?
The event log in WP Admin Audit is your central hub to answer your questions.
Quickly find the info you’re looking for with state of the art filtering and search functionality. Follow an administrator’s journey via the activities recorded.
Will you add event x?
Most probably yes!
It is early days for our plugin, and we know there are dozens of WP core events still missing. This applies even more to 3rd party plugins.
The good news is that we very actively developing the plugin and look for the feedback of the users to know which events first to add. You can share your feedback directly within the plugin, there is a link in the Sensor menu item.
Can the plugin track the pages my visitors are browsing?
No, and we do not have any intention to add that kind of functionality.
WP Admin Audit focuses on actions done by administrators and actions done by users which could be security relevant (e.g. user account creation, user role changes, …).
Contributors & Developers
“WP Admin Audit” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Release Date – November 2nd, 2022
- Fix potential infinite loop (in logging functionality)
- User interface improvements in settings (quicker load times)
- Prepare database to support extensions that record events of third-party plugins
Release Date – August 26th, 2022
- Total of additional 19 new sensors for WP core events (categories, tags, comments, menus)
- Plugin now keeps track of last user activity, and allows to for example identify inactive admins
- Plugin now monitors login attempts, and allows to find the source (IP addresses) of automated / brute-force login attempts
- New admin dashboard widget: « Last Activities » (can be disabled in settings)
- User interface improvement: add severity filter to events list
- Bug fix: post meta data changes are recorded as well on post update
Release Date – July 3rd, 2022
- Fix installation issue
Release Date – July 2nd, 2022
- Fix issue where new sensors were not installed by default
- Fix « join beta tester » button
- UI improvement: add loading indicators for admin tables when sorting/filtering/etc.
- UI improvement: change pagination « items per page » setting from screen option to dropdown
Release Date – June 27th, 2022
- New sensors: WP general/writing/reading/discussion/media/permalink/privacy settings
- New feature: discover & install (missed) sensors via diagnostics view
- Fix for diagnostics view: download and delete log file buttons now work
- Fix for statistics on dashboard
Release Date – April 20th, 2022
- Fix the sorting functionality on the sensor list view
- Improve rendering for deleted posts
- Various other small UI improvements
Release Date – February 18th, 2022
- Fixes issue saving the event log retention period
- Introducing German translation
- Adding description (icons) in settings view
Release Date – February 1st, 2022
- Fixes installation problem
Release Date – January 24th, 2022
- Initial release