A Multisite Network plugin.
Ever signup a user account, delete it, and try to signup up the same username again?
Ever try to support a new user who created a username, but entered the wrong email address and so can’t activate, and can’t signup with the same username?
Ever wanted to signup a bunch of users with phony emails so users without email could start blogging right away?
I have, so I made a plugin to help me.
WP Network Multisite « mu-plugin » for user activation key removal or approval.
See Network–>Users–> »User Activation Keys » to delete activation keys – to allow immediate (re)signup of users who otherwise get the « try again in two days » message.
Also, users waiting to be activated (or can’t because the email with the generated activation link is « gone ») can be approved manually.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin to your blog, Network Activate it
- Delete or approve keys at Network–>Users–> »User Activation Keys » page
- I deleted an activation key, but I still can’t signup with that username? Delete the user from Network->Users and delete the activation key.
- Is it safe to delete keys from otherwise active users? Yes, as far as I know. I don’t know why the activation key for activated users remains behind. But they appear to delete automagicaly after « a while » anyway.
- Some users have an activation key in $wpdb->users? That is normal. This plugin doesn’t touch those keys, only the ones in $wpdb->signup.
Contributors & Developers
“User Activation Keys” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- WP 4.6 tests OK, cleanup php notices