With a simple shortcode you can enable and embed a WebGL viewer to show 3d stl files.
In the current version:
- STL files have to be uploaded to /wp-content/uploads
- The viewer can’t be used more than one time per page. This might be a feature because the viewer needs a lot of resources.
A complete description of the plugin can be found on my blog.
- Upload the directory to the
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Upload an STL-File to WordPress
- Insert the shortcode [stl file= »filename.stl » ]
A complete description of the plugin can be found on my blog
Contributors & Developers
“STL Viewer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “STL Viewer” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Minor bug fixing.
- Scripts are only loaded if a shortcode was found on the page.
- Complete rewrite of the plugin.
- Many settings
- Removed hard-coded links.
- the settings page is working again.
- added stuff to the readme file
- code cleaning
- settings page is now working
- less hard-coded stuff
- added more parameters for the shortcode
- first working version based on a howto plugin from the web