With a simple shortcode you can enable and embed a WebGL viewer to show 3d stl files.
In the current version:
- STL files have to be uploaded to /wp-content/uploads
- The viewer can’t be used more than one time per page. This might be a feature because the viewer needs a lot of resources.
A complete description of the plugin can be found on my blog.
- Upload the directory to the
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Upload an STL-File to WordPress
- Insert the shortcode [stl file= »filename.stl » ]
A complete description of the plugin can be found on my blog
Contributors & Developers
“STL Viewer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Minor bug fixing.
- Scripts are only loaded if a shortcode was found on the page.
- Complete rewrite of the plugin.
- Many settings
- Removed hard-coded links.
- the settings page is working again.
- added stuff to the readme file
- code cleaning
- settings page is now working
- less hard-coded stuff
- added more parameters for the shortcode
- first working version based on a howto plugin from the web