Grid Archives offers a grid style archives page for WordPress, just put « [grid_archives] » in your Post or Page to show the grid-style archives.
The default config will display all posts in every categories. To display posts under one specific category, input [grid_archives category= »Category name »] instead.
View live demo
For latest update, please check github repository:
- Upload and unpack the grid-archives plugin to wordpress plugin directory « wp-content/plugins/grid-archives »
- Activate Grid Archives plugin on your Plugins page in Site Admin.
- Create a « Archives » page (use « Page Full Width » template to get more width)
- Put « [grid_archives] » in the content and save it.
- Check the newly created page
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Grid Archives” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- fixed the cache issue
- added an option to change the post sort direction (asec or desc)
- make the plugin compatible with wordpress 3.4
- minor css style changes
- make the plugin compatible with wordpress 3.3
- added month list view in ‘compact’ mode, the page will smoothly scroll to that month if clicked
- added an option to hide the month list, thus disable the scroll capability
- added an option to customize the date display format for month list
- tweaked the year list display style
- fixed an issue that the screen will scroll up to the top during year expand
- only load ‘compact’ style required js in ‘compact’ mode, not ‘classic’ mode
- added an compact (expand) display style
- added 3 shortcode attributes (style, month_date_format, post_date_format), grid-archives now supports [grid_archives style= »classic|compact » month_date_format= »Y.m » post_date_format= »j M Y »]
- tiny UI tweak in plugin admin setting page, make it compatible with the Refreshed Administative UI of wordpress 3.2.
- make the plugin compatible with wordpress 3.2.
- added a option to enable load plugin resources only in specific pages and posts.
- added a shortcode category attribute to display articles under one specific category, grid-archives now support [grid_archives category= »Category name »]
- the plugin is actually compatible with wordpress 3.1
- fixed a month date format display issue
- added an option to customize the date display format for months
- added an option to highlight the post if being mouse hovered over. (IE currently not supported)
- added an option to rotate the monthly summary if being mouse hovered over. (IE currently not supported)
- made the « year.month » text clickable to show all the posts in that particular month.
- fixed a compatible issue with wp-footnotes.
- added an option to allow user to custom the display stylesheets, these customizations won’t be lost after plugin update.
- make post date display style as an option, e.g. displayed using American style (month/day/year)
- added an option to make monthly summary (« … … ») optional
- explicitly set grid-archives ul.li background to none and transparent, so they won’t use theme’s default setting
- added option to not display post date
- fixed the magic quotes issue
- added color property for a, a:link, a:visited and a:hover in the post box
- added settings page in admin
- added options in settings for user to specify the maximum post title and maximum post content length
- added options in settings for user to specify the monthly summaries
- remove .grid_archives_column width property
- trim monthly summaries before parse
- Initial import the working copy of my blog archives page: http://blog.samsonis.me/archives/