glTF is an emerging open standard for the transmission and storage of 3D models. This plugin allows you to upload these models in « Embedded JSON » and Binary formats. Currently, inline rendering is only supported for the JSON format.
The ultimate goal of this plugin is to provide a 3D « post type » (gltf_scene) which allows the user to compose an interactive scene populated by objects that represent other content from their site (e.g. a book containing posts in a particular category, a door leading to another page or site). It is also a goal to make this content work best in VR headsets, but with a workable fallback for browsers.
It also has basic WebVR support, where available.
- Unzip this plugin in the
- Activate the « glTF Media Type » plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Upload .gltf or .glb files via the Media browser, or via the Add Media button for posts/pages.
- Embed the 3D object in posts using a shortcode, like `[gltf_model scale= »1.0″ url= »http://mywordpresssite.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/model.gltf »]. Note: You may get that full URL from the Media browser by selecting the file and copying the link.
- You may also create a « GLTF Scene » using the « Scene » post type, and attaching a 3D model on the post edit page.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“GLTF Media Type” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added RayInput support
- Added WebVR support
- Fetch gltf_scene data as post via REST API
- Add gltf_scene post type
- First version, just basic rendering