Genesis Portfolio Pro will add a new « Portfolio » post type where you can add portfolio entries with images and galleries to show your off visual content.
The default template and styles will create a portfolio grid showing your featured images in a landscape format. These will link to a simple page where you can control the content including text, images, and even galleries.
To get started click « add new » under the new « Portfolio » menu item to add your first Portfolio entry. Simply add your images and content just like you already know how to do with posts and publish. Add a few more entries to build your portfolio archive and show off your work in an attractive grid.
Download the latest version of the Genesis Portfolio plugin and upload as a new plugin within your WordPress dashboard or via FTP to the wp-content/plugins folder and then activate the plugin.
What can I customize in the portfolio?
Custom templates are supported using the WordPress template hierarchy and the portfolio image size can be overridden by adding
add_image_size( 'portfolio', 300, 200, TRUE );to your theme functions.php file. There are many other tricks you can use with the Genesis actions and filters to customize anything in the plugin output.
Contributors & Developers
“Genesis Portfolio Pro” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Removed use of
wp_make_content_images_responsiveportfolio widget images;
srcsetis applied via
- REST: Expose the Portfolio post type and Portfolio Type taxonomy to the REST API.
- Tooling: Generate language file with WP-CLI instead of Node.js.
- Conform to WordPress Development Standards for PHP
- New: Genesis Portfolio widget.
- New: You can now sort Portfolio archive items by menu order. Edit the menu order of each Portfolio item directly, or use a page ordering plugin.
- Enhanced: image markup on the Portfolio archive is improved with
- Added Feature items per page in portfolio archive settings
- Fix layout setting for portfolio-type term
- Bug fix for search layout.
- Initial WordPress.org release.