This plugin disables the new WordPress emoji functionality. GDPR friendly.
Note: Emoticons will still work and emojis will still work in browsers which have built in support for them. This plugin simply removes the extra code bloat used to add support for emojis in older browsers.
This plugin does not do anything to make your site less GDPR compliant. It disables the DNS prefetching of emojis within WordPress, which should ensure improved privacy. To determine if your site is GDPR compliant, please seek legal advice. I have done my best to ensure the plugin is 100% GDPR compliant, but I am not a lawyer so can not guarantee anything 😉
After you’ve downloaded and extracted the files:
- Upload the complete ‘disable-emojis’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory OR install via the plugin installer
- Activatz-la via lo menú Extensions dins l’admin WordPress
- And yer done!
Visit the Disable Emojis plugin for more information.
Contributors & Developers
“Disable Emojis (GDPR friendly)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Disable Emojis (GDPR friendly)” has been translated into 19 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Confirmed support for newer WordPress versions.
- Added Composer support.
- Fixing typos.
- Unneeded version bump to shut the WordPress.org notice up.
- Subtle improvement to code cleanliness.
- Improved documentation regarding GDPR issues.
- Added GDPR friendly label on advice from Ipstenu.
- Removed DNS prefetch URL again.
- This time using simple string check rather than relying on internal WordPress filters.
- Removed DNS prefetch URL. Props to Aaron Queen for assisting with this.
- Catering to new DNS prefetch URL in version 4.7 of core
- Improved documentation.
- Removed redundant dns prefetching. Thanks to Milan Dinic for the pull request.
- Updating documentation.
- Catering for invalid $plugin array.
- Updating to use Otto’s code.
Removing extraneous styles.
Updating to work with latest beta.