This plugin is no longer in active development.
Please use the next-generation template system, Loops & Logic.
From a single field to entire pages, Custom Content Shortcode is a set of commands to display content where you need.
The [content] shortcode displays any of the following: posts, pages, custom post types, fields, images, menus, or widget areas.
The [loop] shortcode performs query loops. It can display, for example, available products in a category, or excerpts from the 5 most recent posts. You can query by parameters such as: post type, taxonomy, date, and field values.
There is a reference section under Settings -> Custom Content.
Here are some of the included features:
- Wide range of query parameters to display site content
- Conditional content based on field value, login status, etc.
- Overview of your site’s content structure
- Relative URLs for links and images
- Cache the result of a query
- Optional: Gallery field, Mobile Detect, Math
Support for other plugins: Advanced Custom Fields, WCK Fields and Post Types
- Install & activate from Plugins -> Add New
- See: Settings -> Custom Content
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Content Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Custom Content Shortcode” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Custom Content Shortcode” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Restrict shortcodes by constants: DISALLOW_UNFILTERED_HTML and DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT
- Restrict shortcodes by author capabilities: unfiltered_html and edit_plugins/edit_themes
- Add setting to enable shortcodes for non-admin authors (not recommended)
- Correct stable tag in readme.txt
- Use HTTP API instead of CURL
- Use wp_enqueue instead of inline style/script
- Sanitize and escape data input/output
- Enable certain shortcodes only within posts authored by an admin user
- Remove features that allowed users to load custom CSS/JS
- Load shortcode: css, js, gfonts
- Auto-loaded fields: css, js, html
- Add message about plugin retirement and move to Loops & Logic
- Thanks to @Pross for improvements
- Improve compatibility with PHP 8
- Field shortcode: Improve get_the_excerpt filter
- Test compatibility with WordPress 5.9
- Test compatibility with WordPress 5.7
- Improve getting shortcode function names in Content Overview
- Correct output of ACF field label when multiple choices are selected
- Remove deprecation warning about non-static method CCS_Loop::include_children
- Improve compatibility with PHP 7.2
- Update to Parsedown library 1.7.3 for documentation pages
- Math module: Use variable function call for built-in functions
- Pass: Allow passing user fields that are arrays or objects – thanks to @jrevillini
- Improve compatibility with PHP 5.3
- Compatibility with WP 5.0.2 and PHP 7.2
- Improve support and documentation for shortcodes inside HTML attributes
- [link] – Add parameter download; set « true » or file name
- [if user_field contains] – Support searching multiple user fields
- [related] – Support ACF relational type users
- [related user_field] – Support related posts from a user field
- [if image] – Check correct current post when inside [related]
- [related] – Add parameter offset to skip the first X number of posts
- [if] – Improve logic to count repeater fields
- [each] – Add default field count for each term’s post count
- [if] – Add parameter count for field value array, such as relationship fields
- [if] – Improve field=content,excerpt with parameter contains
- [is] – Allow nested
- Content overview: cleaner list of shortcodes
- [loop], [loopage] – Add parameter query to use custom query variable for pagination
- [user] – Add field registered and parameter format (« relative » or custom format)
- Settings – Add option to enable shortcodes in widget title
- [format] – Add parameters split and part; handle field values of number type in list
- [attached] – Add field download-url, to get URL to actual PDF file instead of generated preview image
- [url register] – URL to registration form under wp-login
- [pass] – Add parameter trim=all to remove all white space, new lines, tabs
- ACF [related] – Add parameters start and count
- Improve use of content filter with other plugins; support for Beaver Themer in progress
- Minor fixes in reference pages