Our Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway was built with the core values of Cryptocurrency in mind with regards to anonymity and security. The plugin seamlessly enables your store to accept Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and more, right away by simply adding your Wallet addresses.
The plugin was created to solve a solution that we and several merchants were facing, which was a gateway that respects customer privacy, no external redirects, seamless integration, has no middleman fees, and we achieved it. Over the years our plugin has been improved to also offer Zeroconf support enabling customers to instantly receive their products without risk to the merchant.
- Provide a list of your own Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dogecoin, Litecoin, and other cryptocurrency wallet addresses or use a Block.io premium account (get our HD Wallet Add-on to receive payments directly to HD wallets such as Electrum, Mycelium, Trezor, or Ledger Wallet)
- Keep the customer on your website: No redirection to third-party websites or iframes during checkout.
- Keep your data: No need to give customer data to a third party.
- Optional payment completion at zero confirmations using transaction confidence metrics.
- Set per-currency maximum order amount thresholds for zeroconf payments.
- Collect refund addresses during checkout.
- Support for all WooCommerce store currencies except Lao KIP.
- Supported exchange rate APIs: Bitcoinaverage, Bitcoincharts, Bitfinex, BitPay, BitTrex, Blockchain.info, CoinCap, Coindesk, CoinGecko, GDAX, Shapeshift, Kraken, Luno.com. OKCoin.com, OKCoin.cn, Poloniex
- Apply discounts and markups individually for each currency.
- Integrated into WooCommerce order emails and admin backend.
- WordPress Multisite compatible
- Supports “WooCommerce Currency Switcher” and “Aelia Currency Switcher for WooCommerce“
- No full node required – choose between different blockchain data providers or connect to your own private Esplora or Insight API instance
HD Wallet Add-on features [premium]
- Derive a virtually unlimited number of addresses from the extended public key of your wallet.
- Generates one address per order automatically.
- The payments from your customers go straight into your own HD wallet such as Electrum, Trezor, Ledger Nano, or any other wallet with HD support.
You can get the HD Wallet Add-on on our website.
Ethereum and ERC-20 Add-on features [premium]
- Accept ERC-20 cryptocurrencies or tokens such as Ether (ETH), Tether USD (USDT), USD Coin (USDC), Dai (DAI), Gem Exchange and Trading (GXT), and many more.
- Web3 wallet support allows your customers to easily pay with the click of a button from their wallets such as MetaMask, Brave Browser, WalletConnect, Torus, Fortmatic.
- Ethereum fallback address allows you to receive all payments into a single Ethereum address.
You can get the Ethereum and ERC-20 Add-on on our website.
Monero Add-on features [premium]
- Accept Monero (XMR).
- Supports integrated address, generating one address per order automatically.
- Payments to your own wallet address.
You can get the Monero Add-on on our website.
Dash Add-on features [premium]
- Accept Dash (DASH).
- Supports Dash payments to your own HD Wallet (xpub, drkp, drkv) with the HD Wallet Add-on.
- Accept instant payments via InstantSend.
You can get the Dash Add-on on our website.
Solana Add-on features [premium]
- Accept Solana (SOL).
- Solana fallback address allows you to receive all payments into a single Solana address.
You can get the Solana Add-on on our website.
Vertcoin Add-on features [premium]
- Accept Vertcoin (VTC).
- Supports Vertcoin payments to your own HD Wallet with the HD Wallet Add-on.
You can get the Vertcoin Add-on on our website.
Dokan Add-on features [premium]
- Accept cryptocurrency payments in your Dokan Multivendor marketplace.
- This plugin displays the cryptocurrency payment processing data on the Dokan vendor dashboard pages.
- It does not affect the calculation of vendor commissions. Dokan commissions will still be calculated in fiat currency.
- Vendor payouts in cryptocurrency is not supported.
You can get the Dokan Add-on on our website.
Pay for development to add support for additional cryptocurrencies:
- Install the plugin into your WordPress website.
- Add cryptocurrency addresses in the Address List in the settings.
- Choose a payment processing API that will be used to check the blockchain for incoming payments
- Enable the payment gateway in the settings and click save.
- Disable internal WordPress Cron jobs and setup external Cron jobs (recommended)
Optionally you may navigate through the settings to customize the payment gateway to your preferences. If you are using the HD Wallet Add-on, you can add the master public key of your wallet instead of adding addresses to the address list in step 2.
Contributors & Developers
“Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- WordPress tested up to 6.3
- WooCommerce tested up to 8.0
- Requires at least PHP 7.3
- Fix deprecated use of parent in callables in bitwasp in php 8.2
- Update Redux extension vendor support to 1.1.0
- Update Redux Framework to 4.4.4
- Ensure the address list does not exceed the size limit when retrieving it
- Make sure that an address already used in an order is not added to the address list to avoid address reuse
- Fix address list size limit includes used addresses
- Fix ask for review admin notice should be in admin_notices action not admin_init
- WooCommerce tested up to 7.4
- Fix possible errors during update of plugins and other ajax actions Do not print admin notice during ajax requests
- Ask for reviews in wp-admin
- Remove extra () after redirect to cart
- Add missing cryptocurrency currency symbol in woocommerce currency setting
- Fix « CRITICAL Uncaught ArgumentCountError _() expects exactly 1 argument, 2 given » when exchange rate updates fail
- Fix « this order has expired » order note is added or email is sent on every force update payment status action from wc-admin
- Fix countdown timer progressbar overflows the qr code in mobile devices
- Limit blockcypher api http requests to get api limits to max once per hour
- Fix excessive blockcypher api http request on wp-admin load if a blockcypher api token was added
- WooCommerce tested up to 7.2
- Update addon versions for outdated notice
- Fix PHP fatal error is_checkout does not exist if WooCommerce plugin is disabled
- Fix logo url in setup wizard is not https, base filepath on plugins_url()
- Re-attempt getting exchange rate in checkout if it failed, and decline the order if it failed again
- Fix fatal divide by zero error in checkout and white page for the user that may happen in some cases
- Fix a syntax error in PHP version 7.1 and 7.2
- Fix multiplier for bch did not apply in the order
- Update Redux Framework to version 4.3.18
- Fix fatal uncaught error call to undefined function gmp_init in setup wizard
- WooCommerce tested up to 6.9.4
- Fix security image does not load on order payment page
- Do not do tx analysis for add-ons that already did tx analysis and updated the db
- Add api method name to block explorer api response for old add-ons
- Fix false error ‘Cannot include class CW_Block_Explorer_’ in logs for some add-ons
- Remove old processing api error emails in old blockio and insight class and replace with logging
- WordPress tested up to 6.0.2
- WooCommerce tested up to 6.8.2
- Fix error on uninstall
- Add currency name to fatal payment processing api error for better debugging
- Improved blockchair processing api payment detection
- Rename cw_get_template to fix possible function name conflicts
- Do not redirect to Setup Wizard for existing users
- Do some code refactoring in the Setup Wizard class
- WordPress tested up to 6.0.1
- WooCommerce tested up to 6.7.0
- Add a simple Setup Wizard for better on-boarding
- Fix incoming transaction detected message is incorrectly shown in checkout in theme twenty-twenty-one