Save bandwidth by easily blocking links to video, audio, and other files from unapproved 3rd-party sites.
- Choose from a list of common file extensions and include your own
- Allow linking from multiple authorized websites
- Selectively control direct linking
- Generate the rules for your
.htaccessfile with minimal effort
This plugin modifies the site’s .htaccess file and requires mod_rewrite or compatible modules like ISAPI_rewrite for IIS.
This plugin was inspired by the Hotlink Protection plugin. There was a need for a more flexible implementation and so this plugin was created.
For most, the built-in plugin installation system for WordPress will be all you need.
Alternately, uploading the zip file to the installer should also work. For those who prefer manual installation:
configurable-hotlink-protection.zipand upload the contents into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure options under
Settings -> Hotlink Protection
- Ask questions and we’ll try to answer them.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Configurable Hotlink Protection” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Configurable Hotlink Protection” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Settings page layout improvements
- Added screenshot
- Initial release