Coming Soon Express is the fastest way to get a ‘Coming Soon’ page launched on your website in two simple steps:
- Install the plugin.
- Customize it with the built-in WP Customizer.
Voila! Your landing page is up and running in 10 minutes or less.
See a live preview while you edit — no more switching between tabs to see how your updates appear on the site!
Your visitors will see the ‘Coming Soon’ page, while « logged-in » users are able to view and work on the website seamlessly behind the scenes.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Backup your site before installing a new plugin.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/coming-soon-express/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to Appearance > Customize. You will see a new Menu at the top for « Coming Soon Express ».
- Go to « Main Settings » and turn on the option for « Enable Functionality ». Also turn on the option for « Preview In Customizer » to see your changes in the Customizer preview window.
- Go through the other Coming Soon Express sections to customize your Coming Soon landing page. Change the background image and text content easily.
- To add a Contact or Opt-In Form to your coming soon page, you must first download your preferred Forms plugin for WordPress. We have developed Coming Soon Express to be compatible with Ninja Forms.
How do I change ____ ?
All the settings are configured by using the WordPress Customizer. Go to Appearance > Customize, and go through all the options under the ‘Coming Soon Express’ menu.
Can I use a different background image?
Yes, you can upload any image you like! We recommend starting with the excellent free stock images on Unsplash.com
I think I’ve found a bug / I’d like to request a feature
Please report bugs or request features on GitHub here:
Please post on our Support Forum: https://buildmybrandid.com/forum/support/plugins/coming-soon-express/
Contributors & Developers
“Coming Soon Express” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Coming Soon Express” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0.7 – (Jan 20, 2020)
- Update: Compatible with WordPress 5.3.2
- Update: Adds the back-end Admin Bar styles when viewing pages on the front-end
1.0.6 – (Nov 18, 2019)
- Update: Compatible with WordPress 5.3
1.0.5 – (Aug 8, 2019)
- Fix: Fixed « CSXTextLinkHoverElements is not defined » error
- Update: Added the ability to edit HTML code in the « Text Content » Customizer field
1.0.4 – (May 15, 2019)
- Update: Compatible with WordPress 5.2
1.0.3 – (Jan 10, 2019)
- New: Adds new warning message in the WP Admin Toolbar when plugin setting « Enable Functionality » is set to ‘ON’.
1.0.2 – (Jun 18, 2018)
- Fix: Prevents default CSS getting removed and extra inline CSS being added to the site, when « Enable Functionality » is set to « off »
1.0.1 – (May 11, 2018)
- Fix: Fixes CSS to ensure Coming Soon Express page content is always 100% viewport height
1.0.0 – (Apr 19, 2018)