Calendar Archives is a visualization plugin for your WordPress site which creates yearly calendar for your posts. Create a new page (having ‘no sidebars’ template) for your calendar archive and insert the shortcode [calendar-archive] in the editor. Load this page and enjoy the view!
Each day of calendar will display first available photo from posts of that day in the background. The plugin’s layout is customizable and having two working layouts for demonstration
For more details, see http://www.sanisoft.com/blog/2009/08/21/wordpress-plugin-calendar-archives/
- Upload directory ‘calendar-archives’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure plugin options by clicking on ‘Settings’ link near plugin name or ‘Settings’ -> ‘Calendar Archives’ navigation link. Make sure that your plugin directory must be writable by webserver to use caching of pages and images
- Create page having [calendar-archive] shortcode. It will be better to use empty (having no sidebars) template for this page
- Where to find texts to translate?
The plugin contains ‘calendar-archives.pot’ which can be used for translation
- How to display posts under particular category?
If URL has ‘category’ parameter then it will be used as category slug, for example, http://www.my-domain.net/my-blog/my-calendar/?category=uncategorized
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Calendar Archives” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Calendar Archives” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added ability to browse calendar by month
- Added ability to use featured image as background
- Modified settings to use WordPress settings API
- Fixed design issues occurred after testing with WordPress-3.5.1
- Fixed bug in ‘Display upcoming posts’ feature, thanks to Anandajoti Bhikkhu for bug reporting
- Added ability to provide first day of week
- Added ability to display posts (in calendar) under particular category
- Added ability to display upcoming posts (to use as event calendar)
- Added wrappers for PHP5 only functions ‘file_put_contents’ and ‘scandir’ so that plugin will work on PHP4 too
- Use of actual path instead of URL for local images uploaded in wordpress if ‘allow_url_fopen’ is disabled
- Background colors customization
- Dimension customization for day box and background image
- Internationalization support
- First release