The Basic Meeting List Toolbox (BMLT) is a powerful client/server system for locating NA meetings.
The « root server » is a standalone Web site, but « satellite servers » are set up to point to the « root. » This is a « satellite, » set up as a WordPress plugin.
It is very easy to install and use. It has an administration panel that lets you choose a map center, designate the root, set up the map zoom, and whether or not older browsers are supported.
Installing and Administering the Plugin
This is a standard WordPress plugin. Either use the in-dashboard installer, or move the main directory into the wp-content/plugins/ directory and activate it.
- Fixes a bunch of PHP warnings.
- Fix for fast table display not displaying properly.
- Fixed PHP8 fatal error that could occur with port detection.
- Updated dependencies, PHP8 compatibility.
- September 22, 2019
- Added the « Australia » theme.
- Added location_info field to [[bmlt_table]] and [[bmlt_quicksearch]] shortcodes.
- Fix for service bodies with multiple children not being selected on [[bmlt]] shortcode.
January 14, 2019*
* Fixed an issue where the Enter key would not submit the meeting search form when using Firefox on standard [[BMLT]] shortcode.
* Fixed an issue with Google Map API being called wrong.
* Added sorting to map search for service bodies and formats.
November 16, 2018*
* Fixed dependency issues.
November 15, 2018*
- Moved the home Git repo to GitHub.
- Added the BlackWhiteAndRed theme.
- Migrated to use composer instead of submodules.
- Compatibility tested for WP 5.0.0.
July 31, 2018*
- Minor warning fix for missing lang.
- Added a line to the AJAX URI calculator to allow the server admin to « hardcode » an HTTPS port, in case the server is misconfigured.
- Added fix for possible XSS hijack in the fast mobile form.
February 11, 2018*
- Minor adjustments to the Swedish localization.
- Added a new « Supermax » option to the auto-radius settings.
= 3.9.1 ** ** January 4, 2018*
- Fixed an issue where some translated versions had bad settings in the BMLT options initial map type.
- New Italian Translation.
- Fixed a bug in the admin screen where it was possible to cause problems with translated strings containing apostrophes.
= 3.9.0 ** ** December 31, 2017*
- Fixed a minor style issue in the GreenAndGold theme.
- Added the ability to select an « Auto Radius » density. This is for the map search, and affects how many meetings are determined to be enough to satisfy an « auto radius » search.
November 17, 2017*
- This has a fix for the reported user agent in the cURL call. Some servers were blocking AJAX calls because security.
- Added an icon and banner image.
October 8, 2017*
- The « fix » in 3.8.1 broke certain other installations. That should be fixed here.
October 8, 2017*
- The 3.7.1 version had an anonymous function pointer that caused some LAMP servers to puke (They shouldn’t). It is no longer anonymous, and that should fix it.
October 8, 2017*
- Added support for making the default [[bmlt]] shortcode more responsive.
September 24, 2017*
- Fixes two bugs: 1) Certain non-Roman character sets could fail text match searches, and 2) result sets of no format codes could be counted as empty.
September 24, 2017*
- Added Spanish translation -FINALLY! Thanks, Costa Rica!
September 21, 2017*
- I now avoid outputting BMLT head content unless I am in a page that features it.
- This fixes an issue where the mobile client was not displaying its CSS.
September 19, 2017*
- There was a bug introduced by the previous release. The standard [[BMLT]] shortcode’s images were not displayed.
September 18, 2017*
- Added the [[BMLT_QUICKSEARCH]] shortcode.
September 11, 2017*
- There is, apparently, an « 11 » at the end of the WordPress security dial, and some sites turn it all the way to that. This should handle that.
September 11, 2017*
- Apparently, WordPress has gone full-tinfoil, so I can’t use my include optimizers anymore. I release with debug mode on.
- This also redoes the way in which localization is done.
September 10, 2017*
- Added the capability to have different localizations apply to different settings.
- Rearranged the order of fields in the Admin Page to group localization functions better.
- Fixed a couple of minor issues with the [[simple_search_list]] shortcode.
June 17, 2017*
- Added a workaround for nonstandard SSL.
May 18, 2017*
- Added support for a per-setting Region bias.
March 17, 2017*
- Added empty « index.php » files to all the directories to prevent listing.
March 12, 2017*
- Added a fix to the [[BMLT_TABLE]] shortcode that ensures that empty columns in the table get non-breaking spaces if the value is empty.
January 1, 2017*
- Added the « GNYR2 » theme.
- Fixed a bug in the fast table display, where venue names were not being displayed.
- Couple of minor tweaks in the Google API includes. Probably makes no difference.
November 6, 2016*
- There was one more place in the mobile implementation that needed the key.
= 3.4.0* ** -October 16, 2016
- Reintroduced support for the Google API Key. WARNING: Google API Keys are now REQUIRED.
= 3.3.9* ** -May 22, 2016
- Now detect escape key to close meeting details overlay.
- The mobile JS file was importing a non-HTTPS Google Maps API. I changed this to use the HTTPS version.
May 7, 2016*
- Removed the no-longer-useful update notifier.
- Fixed an issue where the localization was not being properly detected.
May 2, 2016*
- Updated the README to better work with BitBucket (If I decide to store this there).
- Added Doxygen documentation.
April 20, 2016*
- Updated the readme file to reflect the current plugin state.
- Removed out-of-date screengrabs.
- Fixed a bug, in which the proper throbber was not being displayed where multiple themes are on the same page for the bmlt_table shortcode.
- The standard [[bmlt]] search single meeting results now have a grayed out background, and clicking anywhere outside the details will dismiss the dialog.
April 9, 2016*
- Fixed a bug that could bork the [[bmlt_table]] shortcode when there are no parameters specified.
April 9, 2016*
- Added a « Breaker Div » to the end of the meeting list.
- Work on improving code quality.
- Added more style hooks to the [[bmlt_table]] shortcode display.
- Fixed a minor bug in the [[bmlt_table]] and [[bmlt_simple]] shortcodes, where supplying just a settings ID would be ignored.
April 6, 2016*
- Made the weekday tab overflow hidden.
- The format circles now float to the right.
- Added a display for days with no meetings.
- Fixed a bug in the [[bmlt_table]] shortcode, where the loading throbber would get replaced too quickly when selecting weekday tabs.
- Corrected a bug that allowed « 00:00 » times (should be « Midnight »).
- Fixed a bug in the « simple map search » that displayed the info windows offset.
April 4, 2016*
- Made it so that we can have specialized themes, amied at only certain shortcodes.
- Major rewrite of the [[bmlt_table]] shortcode to improve responsive design.
April 1, 2016 (Happy April Fools’!)*
- Broke the table styling out into separate files that are all loaded at once. This allows a lot more flexibility when implementing the table display.
- Tweaked the GNYR style.
March 30, 2016*
- Got rid of an undeclared variable warning.
- Fixed a bug that caused rendering issues with the new table shortcode on Internet Exploder.
- Fixed a minor style issue, where the selection triangle would flow below the text in large text situations.
- Changed the styling for the selected header triangle to make the table display a bit more responsive.
March 29, 2016*
- Fixed a style problem with the default search, where the map and text might be outdented by 8 pixels.
- Fixed the « Google Maps included two or more times » warning.
- Removed unnecessary new search and duration items from admin page.
- Fixed an issue where WordPress would sometimes HTML-entity the ampersand (&) character.
- Added a very significant new shortcode: [[bmlt_table]].
- Adding Italian localization.
- Adding better support for SSL/HTTPS.
January 10, 2016*
- Added support for a runtime language selector as a cookie. If you set a cookie named « bmlt_lang_selector, » and set its simple string value to an ISO 639-1 or ISO 639-2 SUPPORTED language, that will select the client language.
August 15, 2015*
- Added Portuguese Translation.
May 25, 2015*
- Updated the base class (CSS fixes, mostly).
January 31, 2015*
- Fixed an issue with the extra fields display in the regular shortcode display details.
- Fixed an issue where the arbitrary fields were actually creating too many results.
- Now hide the distance_in_km/miles parameters in the meeting details (these are internal parameters).
November 23, 2014*
- Added a meta tag with the Root Server URI for troubleshooting.
- Added full support for arbitrary fields. This was an important capability that was left out after Version 3.X
- Fixed a CSS issue with the admin display map. Some themes (especially responsive ones) declare a global max-width for images. This hoses Google Maps, and has to be compensated for.
July 31, 2014*
- Added a user-agent to cURL, which allows the root server to be a bit more tinfoil.
- Fixed an annoying bug with the admin, in which new settings reported a bogus ID first time through.
July 17, 2014*
- Added Danish localization.
- Fixed a small bug in the administration.
February 23, 2014*
- This adds fixes for servers that run on non-standard TCP ports.
December 7, 2013*
- Fixed a character set issue that affected some instances of Internet Explorer.
December 7, 2013*
- Added French localization.
September 7, 2013*
- Tweaked the German localization slightly
July 1, 2013*
- Fixed a couple of localization bugs in the German localization.
- Added the capability to select which day of the week will be the start day.
May 22, 2013*
- Added German localization.
May 19, 2013*
- Fixed a usability issue, where entering text into the CSS field would not immediately « dirtify » the admin screen.
May 18, 2013*
- Fixed an issue, where the Meeting search could have a bad AJAX URI.
May 16, 2013*
- Cleaned up some code to reduce notes and warnings.
May 13, 2013*
- Reduced the number of times that the marker redraw is called in the standard [[bmlt]] shortcode handler.
- Fixed an issue with CSS that caused displayed maps to get funky.
May 5, 2013*
- Fixed an issue, where the first set of results from a search would display too many red icons on the map.
April 28, 2013*
- Added support for display of military time.
April 21, 2013*
- Fixed localization issues with string searches.
April 16, 2013*
- There was a bug in the Swedish translation. Also, the language is now auto-detected from the blog.
April 15, 2013*
- Fixed a bug caused by work on the root server. This bug prevents the details window from appearing on the standard shortcode.
Adds Swedish baseline localization (Still need to add localization detection).*
January 28, 2013*
- Fixed an issue that pooched some uses, and also turned off debug mode (oops).
January 26, 2013*
- Implemented completely new default shortcode.
- NOTE: DON’T UPGRADE UNTIL YOU ARE READY! This is a MAJOR change in styling and behavior.
May 13, 2012*
- Fixed an old bug, where empty settings would be accidentally created.
April 26, 2012*
March 28, 2012*
- Added an alert to the new map search, if no meetings were found (originally gave no feedback).
December 31, 2011*
- Added the ability to localize the plugin.
- Fixed some validation issues.
- Now strip out the [[bmlt_mobile]] shortcode if the page is not a mobile page. This allows the shortcode to be used, as the comment version is stripped by « code cleaners. »
September 2, 2011*
August 17, 2011*
- Improves some of the styles in the info windows in the new map search.
August 16, 2011*
- Addresses a bug in Mozilla Firefox, that prevents the use of the popup menus in the multi-day (red) map icons.
August 12, 2011*
- Fixes a couple of theme/style bugs.
- Mitigates a very strange Firefox bug, where blank pages were being called when closing the location area.
August 8, 2011*
- This implements a powerful new shortcode: « bmlt_map »
July 16, 2011*
- This removes a few warnings that could come up in really anal-retentive environments.
June 27, 2011*
- This adds the new « bmlt_changes » shortcode. This is the first fruit of the new structure.
June 20, 2011*
- Fixed an « invisible » bug in the standard header output, which could interfere with the correct settings being selected.
- Changed the structure to use the new one that allows the shared projects to be « nested » more easily.
June 14, 2011*
- Added the location text and comments to the meeting info displays in mobile mode.
May 24, 2011*
- Moved the AJAX handler to the « init » phase, as ‘wp’ seemed to wait a bit too long.
- Added the capability to display a changelist in the upgrade notice -very cool!
- Added a settings link to the plugin listing.
May 22, 2011*
- Fixed a very strange bug that seems to cause error 500s on some servers. Not sure why the fix worked, but it does. This only manifested when doing an « address only » search in mobile mode.
May 18, 2011*
- Fixed a bug that prevents the « More Details » window from being shown.
May 16, 2011*
- Fixed a minor bug that prevented the popup menu and the classic interactive search from being displayed on the same page (this is OK to happen).
May 8, 2011*
- Fixed an error that interfered with several Advanced Search options.
May 7, 2011*
May 6, 2011*
- Added changes to the cross-CMS class and styling for the Drupal module. Won’t have much effect on WordPress.
May 3, 2011*
- Fixed a few issues encountered while implementing the Drupal plugin (a lot of the code is cross-CMS).
- Added GPL headers to everything.
April 28, 2011*
- Fixed a bug, in which the bmlt_mobile shortcode was not being interpreted properly (Affected WordPress only).
April 26, 2011*
- Fixed a rather severe bug in the shortcode substitution, that prevented multiple shortcodes from working on the same page.
April 24, 2011*
- Basic code cleanup.
April 23, 2011*
- Oops. One more warning-spitter snuck through. It’s fixed.
April 23, 2011*
- Fixed a minor JS bug in the option submit. It did not result in errors, per se, but caused extra text to be transmitted.
April 21, 2011*
- Addressed some issues that could cause problems on some servers (a screwy intval() implementation).
- Made the save settings use POST, as the size of the transaction can be too large for GET, when you have a lot of settings.
April 20, 2011*
- Fixed some warnings that interfered with the operation of 2.1.1
April 20, 2011*
- Sequestered the mobile stuff into a fieldset in the admin.
- Added the ability to set the mobile « grace period, » as well as specify a mobile offset from the server.
- Added a number of fixes and adjustments as we debugged the Joomla plugin.
April 11, 2011*
- Significant refactoring to make it easier to port the plugin to other CMSes.
- Added the ability to select distance units (Km or Mi). This will only affect the mobile handler (at the moment).
- Added the ability to project a language, via the original interactive search (You can select a different language from the server’s default).
March 3, 2011*
- Fixed a critical problem that appeared in 2.0.1 because of a silly error on the coders’ part.
March 3, 2011*
- Added null parameters to some get_page() calls to prevent warnings.
February 21, 2011*
- Added the GNYR theme to the release.
February 20, 2011*
- Fixed a number of issues encountered during beta testing.
February 14, 2011*
- Major rewrite. You can now have multiple settings, which can include different servers.
- You can « theme » the displays.
- We no longer support non-JS browsers.
- Mobile content has been woven into the plugin. It now allows the page to be replaced with the fast mobile lookup, if that was requested.
- The administration has been drastically improved.
- This provides an infrastructure for many future improvements. The 2.0 release was aimed primarily at transitioning from the old system into the new.
October 2, 2010*
- Very, very minor change to a text display to make the plugin easier to localize.
- Changed the CSS so that the plugin will adapt more efficiently to different environments.
September 18, 2010*
- Added support for some new initial screen modes.
September 4, 2010*
- Added a bit of default CSS to make the search specification screen more adaptable.
August 30, 2010*
- Make sure that all cURL calls are GET, as some servers don’t like POST.
July 23, 2010*
- Added support for a readable-text meta tag entry ([[BMLT]]).
July 1, 2010*
- Stopped the plugin from croaking the whole shooting match if call_curl fails (Wrap in empty try block).
June 1, 2010*
- Made it so that lookups for individual meetings don’t get redirected to the root server.
May 30, 2010*
- Added JS and Style optimizers for the linked files.
- Fixed a bug in the new selector.
May 29, 2010*
- Embedded the simple search feature into the plugin.
May 28, 2010*
- Added provision to allow the CMS direct access to the simple dump.
April 23, 2010*
- Fixed an old bug that could affect the way the server interaction works (curl).
April 23, 2010*
- Added some code to ensure the root server URI has a trailing slash.
April 2, 2010*
- Added support for the « simple » inline meeting tables.
February 21, 2010*
- Execute the PDF check earlier, as other plugins can interfere.
February 16, 2010*
- Added support for Android
February 14, 2010*
- Added support for iPhone
- Fixed a minor issue with the cURL caller.
December 30, 2009*
- Added the ability to switch on a « push in » method of viewing the « More Details » window.
- Added the ability for the admin to insert arbitrary CSS styles.
November 24, 2009*
- Added a section of documentation for administration. No code changes.
November 8, 2009*
- Fixed a bug, in which the pre-check boxes in the admin would fail to populate if there was only one Region.
November 4, 2009*
- Fixed a bug, in which advanced search criteria were ignored when printing PDFs:
November 3, 2009*
- Added support for direct PDF printing (Requires 1.2.15 root server).
October 3, 2009*
- Fixed a slight warning issue with the way that the options are initialized.
September 24, 2009*
- Added the ability to « pre-check » Service bodies in the Advanced Search tab. This function requires that the root server also be version 1.2.3.
July 20, 2009*
- PHP 5.2.10 seems to be expecting a slightly different interpretation of explode(), so it is now simpler.
June 25, 2009*
- Made the inter-server communications use POST, which makes it a bit more robust.
Contributors & Developers
“BMLT WordPress Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors