This plugin is intended to improve the usability of WordPress’s built-in Post Formats feature exclusively through some
key changes in design.
The unhelpful list of radio buttons is replaced with with Retina-compatible icons, format titles, and brief, helpful
descriptions of each format. Instead of dramatically changing the way WordPress works, Better Formats simply tries to
make the existing WordPress Post Formats feature more friendly and informative.
Additional user-centric improvements are planned. This initial release is intended to help spur conversation about Post
Format improvements currently being considered for WordPress core.
- How can I make the Post Formats box smaller?
Once you’re comfortable with Post Formats, you can disable the additional description text from WordPress settings.
From your WordPress admin, simply go to Settings > Writing and check the box next to « Hide descriptions in the Post
Format box ». This will hide the extra description text and the Formats box will take up less space.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Better Formats” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added Gmail-style colored labels to post formats and post states in the post list table.
- Improved compatibility with MP6 (this plugin is meant to be used with MP6, but that is not required).
- SASS file is now included.
- Added an option to hide/toggle Post Format descriptions (see Settings > Writing : Post Formats).
- Enabled language file loading (no new translations… yet).
- Initial public release.