Plugin to load Content via a JSON-API, display it on a WordPress-Page, -Post or -Sidebar and auto-refresh it without reoloading
If you want to show content from an JSON-feed which is updating often (e.g. Liveticker, Time…) this plugin helps.
* define the URL to the JSON-data (must be accessible without authorization via http-get – if this is not the case you can proxy that with my plugin JSON Content Importer
* define a secret key, if the URL is not on the same server to handle the « same origin policy »
* define how often Ajax should update the data
* define where to put the data on a paghe by inserting a jQuery-DOM-selector
* define the inital value
For detailed installation instructions, please read the standard installation procedure for WordPress plugins.
- Login to your WordPress installation
- Install plugin by uploading the plugins to
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu.
- Klick on « Auto Refresh AA » menuentry in the left bar and set the info for what, how often, where…
Where is this plugin from?
This plugin is made in munich, bavaria, germany!
Famous for Oktoberfest, FC Bayern Munich, AllianzArena, TUM, BMW, Siemens, seas, mountains and much more…
If the API requires authorization, you can handle this with the plugin JSON Content Importer: With this plugin you can access to almost any API and build a JSON-feed out of the API-JSON as you like.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Auto Refresh API AJAX” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
* Fixed security issue: Rio D. discovered and reported a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability. Thank you Rio! For utilize you need WordPress-Backend-Access and the affected Page is in the WordPress-Adminarea only. Nevertheless: Update this Plugin, please!
- Plugin is ok with WP 6.1.1
- Fixes for PHP 8.1
- You can pass GET-parameter from the page with the updating content to the ARAA-Plugin and the JSON-API from where you get the data. If you want to pass a GET-parameter like « leagueid » to the JSON-API do this: The URL is then http://../whatever?leagueid=valueofleagueid. Add #GET_leagueid# to the JSON-URL in the plugin (add & or ? to haave a validURL). In action #GET_leagueid#this is replaced by « leagueid=valueofleagueid »
- Plugin is ok with WP 5.8.2
- Bugfix sorting out local and external JSON-URLs
- Plugin is ok with WP 5.8.1
- Bugfix when using JSON-URLs from the local server, the plugin is also installed
- Plugin is ok with WP 5.5.1
- Bugfix passing Parameter from PHP to JS. And adding check for that on page where these values are set
- Plugin is ok with WP 5.4. and PHP 7.4
- Minor Bugfix: Missing function added
Added setting of inital values: E. g. hide box with content until the content is loaded or load content with the server first before the client
Added a 2nd way to proxy URLs for AJax-Calls
- Initial release