By default Paid Memberships Pro will not let an administrator get access to a protected post or page without making the administrator a member of one of the membership levels that are required for that post/page in the « Require Membership » checkboxes in the post/page editor.
This is contrary to what a traditional interpretation of the « Administrator » role represents for WordPress (or any user based security system). People expect the administrator/root account(s) on the system to have full access to administer and view the content on the site.
This behavior also represents one of the frequent problems experienced when trying to use a WordPress front-end post or page editor; The expected content for the post/page being edited either doesn’t show up, or is being redirected away from.
This plugin will remove the PMPro access restrictions to content for any user assigned to the WordPress ‘administrator’ role.
As of version 1.2, the same functionality has been extended to the PMPro [membership] short code.
This plugin should be used with caution!
- REFACTOR: Updated to signify support for latest WordPress releases
- ENHANCEMENT: Add check override when using [membership] short code
- BUG FIX: Didn’t guarantee false return when user isn’t logged in or not an admin
- BUG FIX: Didn’t prevent redirect(s) when accessing the Membership Account page
- Initial release of plugin
- Upload the
administrator-access-to-pmpro-protected-contentdirectory to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Verify that your administrator user has not been given a PMPro Membership Level
- Attempt to view a post or page that has been protected by one or more PMPro Membership Level(s)
- Do a happy dance..?
Contributors & Developers
“Administrator Access to PMPro Protected Content” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Administrator Access to PMPro Protected Content” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.