This plugin for WordPress adds a background-size controller to the Background Image section in the WordPress Customizer.
You can access the new controller by going to Appearance > Customize from the Dashboard, and clicking on the Background Image section.
Once you’ve added your custom background image, you can set your background-image size to:
– « Cover »: As large as possible; fills entire view, with cropping.
– « Contain »: As large as possible, without cropping; fits inside of view.
– « 100% width »: Width fits view perfectly, height may be smaller or larger than view (equivalent to css ‘100% auto’).
– « 100% height »: Height fits view perfectly, width may be smaller or larger than view (equivalent to css ‘auto 100%’).
– « Inherit »: Sets background size to whatever parent element is set to (html, in this case).
– « Custom »: Allows you to put in your own css to be applied in the section called « CSS for background-size (if ‘custom’ selected). »
To learn more about the CSS background-size property, go to:
*The plugin works by adding styles to the body.custom-background class. If the default custom-background support has been disrupted, then this plugin will not work.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Add Background-Size to Customizer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release